A field-based course introducing students to current and historical civil engineering works in the urban and natural environments, highlighting the role of the Civil Engineer in developing sustainable solutions. It will run the Tuesday through Thursday immediately following Labour Day, with follow-up assignments coordinated with the course CIV282H1 - Engineering Communications I. Students must have their own personal protective equipment (PPE). One night will be spent at the University of Toronto Survey Camp near Minden, Ontario.
How to Sign Up:
- CIV201H1 Online Payment and Signup System
- Please note, students must have access to the CivMin Info Hub through Quercus to access this page. If you cannot access it, please contact the student services office to get access.
What to pack in your camp bag:
- heavy, comfortable walking shoes for walking in the woods (flip-flops won’t do)
- Towel, sleeping bag, pillow, flashlight
- Sun screen lotion and insect repellent
- Change of clothes for next day, swim suit
- Umbrella, rain jacket and/or warm coat if weather is poor
- Camera, pen and pencil, reusable water bottle
When you sign up for your groups on-line, you will pay $141 using Visa or MasterCard. This fee covers:
- One night at camp
- 3 Meals at camp
- Field book
- Transportation on travel/camp days
- Also includes a deposit for a fob, which gives you access to the Civ common room and computer labs.
You need to bring money for lunch on City day and Travel day