The Sky Garden is a volunteer-run rooftop vegetable garden at the University of Toronto. This garden showcases our light-weight model and serves as a teaching space for urban agriculture workshops. Run by volunteers with the aim of increasing local, organic food availability for the student community, the Sky Garden uses a network of lightweight, semi-hydroponic containers and a drip irrigation system to grow around 500lbs of vegetables each season.
Thank you to our affinity sponsors who make the SkyGarden possible!
Sky Garden News and Events
- Urban Agriculture Week tours with Regenesis Toronto, DigIn! and Trinity College Rooftop Garden
- Introduction to Urban Agriculture and Botany Workshop at Muji store TO
- This hidden U of T rooftop farm helps feed the hungry—and could impact how cities eat - U of T Alumni News
- Atop the Sky Garden at UofT - blogTO
- Greener Graduates - The Civillian
- U of T rooftop garden feeds a community - Toronto Community Garden Network
- Engineering Graduate Students Complete Harvest - Engineering Newsletter Archive
- Blue & White & Green All Over - UofT Magazine
We offer tours of the garden during the growing season from May until October. Please email us to book a tour, along with any other inquiries.