The Lassonde Mineral Engineering Program Advisory Board (LMEP AB) is an integral link in supporting and strengthening the Department’s relationships with key industries, fostering increased collaborative research, enhancing student experiential learning opportunities and increasing industry engagement. Our board is comprised of a group of experienced industry professionals who are all committed to the advancement of our students, faculty and the Department.
The Lassonde Mineral Engineering Advisory Board (LMEP AB) will provide assistance and guidance to the Department of Civil & Mineral Engineering to support the Department’s collaborative research activities with industry and also enhance opportunities for experiential learning for the Department’s students.
Bahador Alast, P.Eng.
Mining Lead - Data Team
Channa Kumarage, P.Eng.
Director, Corporate Development
Minto Metals Corp
Sabrina Miguel, P.Eng.
Franco Nevada Corporation
EVP, Chief Operating Officer
Ontario Australia & Mexico
LMEP Advisory Board Terms Of Reference
Three-year term for Members
Roles and responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Advise on industry trends and needs as relevant to the LMEP
- Identify experiential learning opportunities for students (e.g. Professional Experience Year (PEY Co-op) placements, field trips, networking events
- Where appropriate, facilitate introductions for students to their networks
- Attend LMEP functions
- Provide advice and feedback on LMEP branding efforts (e.g. for recruitment, industry outreach)
- Act as ambassadors for the LMEP