Do you know what events are coming up? | December 6, 2017
Message from the Chair
As the semester comes to an end and we all prepare for the exam season (December 8-20) we wish our students the best of luck. On behalf of the Department we hope your months of preparation will serve you well. And if that is not the case, then your last minute cramming sessions prove successful, however ill-advised.
For exam season tips head to this site, some of the best advice I’ve seen on the net.
To those that will be grading exams, we hope you get through your pile of marking and are able to relax over the holidays. And of course we wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!
– Professor Brent Sleep
REMINDER: For the Winter Break Holiday the University is closed December 21 to January 2 inclusively. Classes begin again on January 4.
Civ + Min News
U of T Engineering Holiday Gift Guide 2017
Looking for holiday gift ideas? Here are 12 U of T Engineering-designed options for everyone on your list. Including alumni Hana Zalzal (CivE 8T8)
Reminder: Holiday Party – December 6th for Faculty and invited guests
WISE National Conference
February 3-4, 2018
Companies attending: 3M, Deloitte, Aecon, Thermo Fisher Scientific & Accenture
Upcoming Scholarships & Deadlines
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Canadian Education Foundation Scholarship
- Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation Awards (for women)
- Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada Edith Tyrell Award and Medal
- Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada Wood Scholarship
- Nortel Institute Undergraduate Scholarship
- 3M National Student Fellowship
- Minerva Canada James Ham Safe Design Awards
- FOCUS! A climate change student video contest
- CAE Bruce Aubin SAE Aerospace Award and CAE William Belfry Memorial SAE Scholarship
Please visit the Scholarships Page for more details.
Southern Ontario Branch Canadian Mineral Processors Mineral Processing Scholarship.
Application deadline: December 31, 2017
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application details.
FOR STUDENTS WHO COMPLETED THEIR DEGREE REQUIREMENTS IN THE FALL 2017 SESSION
If you have completed all degree requirements* by the end of the fall 2017 session you must graduate at either the March 2018 Graduation or June 2018 Convocation. You will need to indicate your intention to graduate by Friday, December 8, 2017.
Draft Proposal Submission Deadlines: January 10, 2018, 4:00PM
Final Applications: January 31, 2018, 4:00PM
For more information visit: http://uoft.me/ITAC
Contact: Shannon Garden-Smith
Assistant to the Director; Special Projects Coordinator Asian Institute
Jobs & Other Opportunities
Paid Study: Call for TA and Upper Year Undergrads
Looking to make some cash? We are looking for students or TAs who have done CIV100 Mechanics, or ECE159, or similar content courses to complete an anonymous survey. Please email email@example.com if interested!
Engineering Abroad Program Details
- December 3, 2017 : Deadline for Summer Research Exchange Programs
- January 14, 2018: Deadline for Summer Exchange and 2018-2019 Fall, Winter & Full year program
- June 3, 2018: Deadline for select schools in the Winter termSee uoft.me/enggoesglobal for more information.
Call for Nominations
The Awards of Excellence celebrate exemplary members of the U of T community (faculty, staff, and students) who have made a significant impact through their efforts and engagement. For deadlines and details on how to make a nomination please follow this link.