Expenses eligible for coverage
- Ground (bus, train or car mileage) or air transportation to Toronto—residents of Ontario are encouraged to take public ground transportation, where possible
- Public transportation from Toronto bus station, train station or airport to the hotel and return
Expenses NOT eligible for coverage
- Costs associated with travelling to and from your local airport, train or bus station
- Transportation other than those described above
You must retain and submit all ORIGINAL booking receipts, confirmations and boarding passes for reimbursements to be processed after the event.
Travel by air—please contact and confirm your arrangements with U of T’s designated travel agency, Avenue Travel, via Lea Ramnarace at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your confirmation to Alison Morley.
Travel by train or bus—arrange and purchase your own travel and submit your confirmations to Alison Morley.
Travel by personal vehicle—you will be reimbursed the standard U of T rate for mileage. Car rentals are strongly discouraged.
All GRD invitees will be housed at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto, located at 33 Gerrard Street West. All participants will be accommodated with their own private rooms.
Transportation in Toronto
Public transportation to and from the hotel to Toronto airports, train or bus stations are eligible for reimbursement.
- Pearson International Airport (YYZ)—use the Union Pearson Express and the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)—use Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Union Station (VIA rail, GO train or bus)—use Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Toronto Coach Terminal—5 minute walk
Alison Morley, Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator
+1 416 946 8028