Professor Karl Peterson’s research centers on advancing the use of various microscopy techniques and x-ray tomography for microstructure analysis of concrete and other materials. He is currently working with a number of agencies on methods for analysis of concrete microstructure, and a number of these agencies are now using his automated concrete air-void analysis system.
Education and Designations
- B.S. Geology (1995, University of Minnesota, USA)
- M.S. Civil Engineering (2001, Michigan Technological University, USA)
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering (2008, Michigan Technological University, USA)
- Geologist I, Minnesota Department of Transportation (1995-1998)
- Research Sci./Eng. I, Michigan Technological University (1999-2007)
- Assistant Research Professor, Michigan Technological University (2008-2010)
- Assistant Professor, University of Toronto (2010-2017)
- Assistant Professor, University of Toronto (2017-present)
Department of Civil & Mineral Engineering
University of Toronto
35 St. George St.
Canada, M5S 1A4